Hosting an exchange trainee is an improving experience that allows you to work as the bridge that enables another individual to participate in America. Through exchange programs, you can teach your hosted student about American culture: our food, our political history, our pop culture, our natural beauty, our diverse cities and the day-to-day realities of American life. At a time when criteria setby the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs mentions you need to:
- Be able to provide for an extra member of the household consisting of a different bed, suitable research study location, and 3 meals each day.
- Offer an encouraging environment as the student goes through his/her change process.
- Have an interest in teenagers/international students and have realistic expectations of what life with a teen is like. Assist your student adjust to your household and to U.S. life and culture.
- Acquaint your trainee with your hometown and promote involvement in school and neighborhood occasions.
- Supply a safe and safe environment for the trainee to live and discover.
First, you will discover an exchange program that you want to apply and take part as a host household. You will then need to:
- Fill out the “Host Family Interest” kind.
- Consult with a representative to ask any and all questions while they offer in-depth.
- Complete an application with in-depth details about you, your family (if appropriate), and your total lifestyle.
Upon acceptance as a host/host household, you’ll deal with a representative to be matched with the trainee that finest fits with your everyday way of life, household characteristics and interests. For instance, if you delight in snowboarding due to the fact that you reside in Colorado, having a student that also takes pleasure in daring activities will benefit you both.
You must provide the details for a background check carried out by yourself. You can use AFS Intercultural Programs U.S.A.