A woman has actually been stung by a scorpion while taking a trip on a United Airlines flight from San Francisco to Atlanta.
The lady states she felt a stinging sensation on her leg during the flight on Thursday early morning.
When she went to the toilet, the scorpion fell out of her pants and scuttled away.
The passenger was dealt with by paramedics prior to being taken to healthcare facility, the airline told the BBC. She has not been called and her condition is not understood.
” After discovering that a person of our consumers on flight 1554 from San Francisco to Atlanta was stung throughout flight, our team reacted instantly and sought advice from a MedLink physician on the ground who offered medical assistance,” the airline company stated in a statement.
” The consumer was transported to a local hospital,” it added. “We have touched with our client to ensure her well-being.”
A photo of the scorpion in what seems a United Airlines-branded box was published by celeb news site TMZ, which initially reported the story.
Although rare, it’s not the very first time a scorpion has been found on an industrial flight.
Previously this year, a scorpion was recorded crawling out of the overhead baggage rack on a Lion Air flight in Indonesia.
A similar incident occurred in 2017, when a Canadian man said he was stung by a scorpion on a United Airlines flight.
Richard Bell said the scorpion fell on his head from above him while he was consuming lunch on a flight from Houston, Texas to Calgary in Canada.
The airline offered Mr Bell flying credit as compensation, which he accepted.
Later in 2017, an EasyJet flight from Paris to Glasgow was postponed overnight after a traveler identified a scorpion on board.