It’s time for ‘ E! News‘ to E!xit.
The home entertainment news program, which premiered in 1991, has actually been canceled, Entertainment Weekly reported. An associate for the program’s NBCUniversal parent said the show came down with monetary problems resulting from the coronavirus pandemic.
E! News included program service tidbits and celebrity interviews, and has been hosted by the likes of Ryan Seacrest, Giuliana Rancic and Maria Menounos.
One of its existing hosts, Lilliana Vazquez, quote goodbye on Instagram Wednesday.
” I will miss this group and crew beyond belief,” wrote Vazquez, who teamed with Scott Tweedie on the program. “Yes … even the 4am call time.”
The show moved from a nighttime broadcast based in Los Angeles to an early morning program out of New York previously this year, Variety reported
E!’s “Pop of the Morning,” also hosted by Vazquez and Tweedie with Victor Cruz, and “In The Space,” likewise were axed in NBCUniversal’s cuts.
NBCUniversal today has been firing personnel throughout its home entertainment portfolio, including cable and broadcast channels, style parks and motion picture studio, The Wall Street Journal reported The reductions of up to 10%of the Comcast Corp. unit’s 35,000 workers reflect style park closures, motion picture posts ponement and marketing drops resulting from the pandemic, the Journal said.
Calling all HuffPost superfans!
Sign up for membership to become a founding member and aid shape HuffPost’s next chapter